Sunday, May 10, 2009

sangria y mis amigos




One thing's for sure, I can no longer drink red wine, even if it's just Sangria. Red wine gives me headaches. It's like suffering from a hangover the same night you've been drinking. I had three. They weren't large glasses either. Still I ended up with a same-night hangover by about 8:45 p.m. Guess it'll just be white wine or the hard stuff if I want to enjoy an alcoholic beverage from now on.

There only ended up being 10 of us who showed up. MB brought his wife. We all had a great time rehashing some of the things that irritated us. It's pretty much a consensus, we have one classmate and one instructor that we all find troublesome. As I've taken up saying lately, they're all speed bumps to RN! In the top picture you might notice there are only 8 of us. MB's wife was gracious enough to play photographer, and one of our classmates left before we started the photo shoot. I really wish we'd have started before as I love the classmate who left to death! She was my "roommate". In other words she took care of the resident with whom my resident roomed with at the LTC facility. All in all it ended up being an enjoyable evening and I look forward to getting together over the summer.

4 comments:

L&D said...

Just the mere mention of sangria has me literally on the floor frothing from the mouth in grandmal seizure fashion. Mmmmmm. So so so incredibly sorry that you can't drink it.
People have been asking what they can bring me for a gift while in hospital post baby delivery. I've been telling them to bring me wine.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun!!

2 Married RNs said...

KLS-I have been surfing nursing blogs and found yours via another blog. I am starting the pre-nursing program at my local community college this fall with a target graduation date of Summer 2011. I noticed we have a few things in common (nursing, teenage sons and scrapbooking) so I thought I would say hello. Thanks for sharing your experiences. It is great that your class is spending time together. Looks like alot of fun! :)

Order & Chaos said...

We had a great time! The Sangria was actually very tasty, which is the really sad part about the HAs!

2 Married RNs-I tried going to your profile/blog to wish you luck, but was not allowed access.