Wednesday, May 20, 2009

so not ready for it

Big B calls and informs LB, who just had to answer the phone, that his grandfather, my father-in-law, is offering to sell us his 2002 Chevy Malibu for LB to have. Wouldn't it be nice to have random cars sitting around that you could just sell off? That's my F-i-L for ya! Although he has his paper license, that affords him the ability to drive once he's eligible (JUNE 12TH) LB is only eligible to drive legally after that date. He's itching to and practically begs to drive...on that paper license....every chance he gets. I am so not ready for JUNE 12TH. In my eyes JUNE 12TH is kindred to a sort of D-Day.

What happened to my babies?




















Really? Where did those innocent little boys go? AW stands just about eye-to-eye with me. He'll be going into 8th grade this coming school year (God willing he make it out of the 7th grade.)

Earlier today I was thinking to myself "I just can't wait until the end of this summer....until next May...."

So not ready for it

Sure I'll be graduating nursing school...again God willing...

Next May my babies will be looking forward to their Senior (LB) and Freshman (AW) years in high school.

Hug your babies and savor every little tantrum, scrape, smile, hug, school project (those cute projects stop after elementary school), diaper change, potty training episode, little fingers wrapped around yours, pout, first teeth, first time losing teeth, ring around the rosey, stories before bedtime...cherish it all, because in the blink of an eye it's all but a memory.

5 comments:

2 Married RNs said...

Hang in there KLS! I have a son who will be getting his license next month as well. Us mothers have to have some strong faith to get through these milestones don't we?

And I totally agree with your advice about being involved with your kids lives because they do grow up super fast! My baby just turned 14 and will be a freshmen in high school this coming fall. So I am feeling you pain about your 8th grader as well.

It sounds like you love them lots (which is most important) and that will guide them along the way. :)

SummerAnytime said...

Ahhh, you're making my eyes water! I do need to hear this every once in a while though. I do need to appreciate them while they're young, 6 and 9.

LivingDeadNurse said...

yea...but then u get to borrow grandkids..spoil them rotten and send them back home...at least thats what my mom does with mine

L&D said...

OH I will cherish mine. Thanks for the reminder! Great post.

Anonymous said...

That D-day feeling never leaves you when they start driving!! That is nice you will get a decent car at a decent price!! Took us forever to find Clint's car. Just wait til you see the insurance rates... we went from $105 to $285 a month! I have already started crying over Clint graduating in 3 weeks. It just breaks my heart!!