Saturday, August 1, 2009

now that wasn't so bad!


Summer semester

Enough said? I mean really, who really wants to spend their summer taking classes? I certainly didn't, but it was a must. It was either spend the summer taking them, or add them in with nursing classes. Well, I'm not suicidal. However, if I had to take anymore classes along with nursing classes I think it might at least lead me to suicidal ideation.

Alas, the semester has pretty much come to an end and I'm happy to report that I survived. Schew!

I do have one last project to do and that is the Service Learning Project required for my anatomy and physiology class. I'm doing my service learning on Monday when I ride along with a friend who works as a case manager. After I have to write up a short report on what I did and learned and submit it to my online classroom discussion board, and then, well...finito!

My last exam didn't go so well the other day, but I did get enough points that along with the Service Learning Project I will have enough points to pass the class with a C. Considering my course load this semester, my health issues, and the kids being home, I'll swallow my pride and take my first college C and run with it. I've probably mentioned before it comes in as transfer credit and does not effect my GPA, so all's well.

I've continued taking the medication prescribed by the GI doc, although my pharmacy gave me a generic "equivalent" that I am questioning the effectiveness of. I had samples of the Kapidex, and since have started taking the generic form. I still don't have the abdominal pain waking me up anymore, but I am feeling the lump in throat sensation and seems it's worse on the generic form.

We aren't getting to take our family vacation, since we decided to buy a third car, so that LB would have his own. He is actually driving the second car, and Big B is driving the third. Whatever.

I haven't found the ring I spoke of in my last post. No one else has either. It's heartbreaking, but there's nothing more that can be done about it, except hope. As time wears on the hope dwindles though.

Aside from my SLP on Monday there's nothing else planned for next week, until the weekend. Next weekend is the summer version of Virginia's tax free holiday. We get to shop for school clothes and supplies tax free! I'll gladly brave the crowds to save a buck or two!

The weekend following we have the American Legion baseball team end-of-season BBQ. That following week we have registration and fees to pay for the '09-'10 school year.

And then...

Well the weekend of the 22nd we have tickets to Crue Fest 2. I'm not quite sure if I'll be going. I'm not a big fan of the other bands playing with Motley Crue, and quite frankly I'm not that interested in going period.

And then...

School starts here the 24th. LB will be entering his Junior year and AW his 8th grade year. I'll be entering my second year of nursing school.

Oh, why can't the summer just drag on forever!?

2 comments:

LivingDeadNurse said...

i am ready for the summer to end...kids in school and finishing my last year of nursing school. Whoowee!!!

SummerAnytime said...

I also want more summer! I'm sick of my online class and I only have one to complain about! Two more quarters until graduation, just think, we will be nurse by the end of the school year. Yea!