Monday, January 21, 2013

up late

I haven't been able to go to sleep before midnight for about a week now, even when I'm exhausted. The doc switched me from Percocet to Vicodin and the Vicodin does nothing to make me drowsy. Even the Flexeril doesn't help, as far as sleep is concerned, anymore.

In regards to pain control, I'm taking the meds more for the tailbone, plantar fasciitis in my left foot and pulled muscle pain in my right shoulder. The ankle has twinges, stabs, and spasms every once in a while. Sometimes the CAM boot gets uncomfortable and rubs my leg or squeezes my foot the wrong way.

I found some stories online via about.com sports medicine page of others who've had talus fracture and repair. It seems most frequently it's due to horseback riding, snowboarding and jumping. The recoveries were varied as far as personal experience goes. A common trend lies with boredom or cabin fever. I'll attest to the cabin fever causing the doldrums.

It's hard to get comfortable with the tailbone pain. Even sitting in the recliners can be miserable. I'm hoping once I'm getting out more to physical therapy that it'll alleviate the pain in my ass.

Today I've been hungrier than I have been. I keep craving different things, like cinnamon rolls, cookies and yeah, mainly sweet stuff. Heck, the celery with peanut butter just pictured on TV during a commercial looked amazingly yummy. The last thing I want to do is gain weight.

One piece of advice I have is to get in shape. I know it's tougher being that I'm overweight and way out of shape. Recovery from injuries HAS to be easier when your in shape.

On that note, rest is necessary as well so I'm going to attempt sleep.

No comments: